Posted on January 18 2018
How to Take Care of Your Furniture
At Vinoti Living, we aim to provide quality furniture that lasts. We also want to make sure our customers have the knowledge to take care of their items so they can enjoy them for a long period of time. If properly maintained, your furniture can last for several years. We guarantee the structure of your furniture will last for at least five years under normal use and provide lifetime after sales service. Below, you will find several tips to protect and maintain your furniture for years to come.
After time, upholstery will naturally become dirty. There are a few ways to handle this:
- The first thing is try to prevent the fabric from becoming too dirty by using a fabric protector spray. This will help ensure that the fabric is properly protected from minor spills and stains. Most fabric specialty stores will have this available.
- If there are more severe stains that the fabric protector was unable to repel, we suggest simply dabbing the fabric with a clean, dry cloth. The point of this is to soak up as much of the liquid as possible so that it does not spread to other areas of the fabric. Then, if you have dabbed out as much of the liquid as possible, lightly wipe the area with a damp cloth, but be careful not to spread the stain to other areas of the fabric. If the stain persists, we recommend contacting a professional upholstery cleaner to resolve the problem.
- Over time, furniture naturally collects dust and dirt. This acts like an abrasive on the fabric, so we recommend that you vacuum the upholstery as often as possible. If you have a pet, at least once per week is best.
- For sofas, lift up the cushions and vacuum under them too just in case there are some hidden crumbs invisible to the naked eye.
- Brushing the fabric is also an option, but if you do, we suggest brushing from the top to the bottom. Be as gentle as possible around any buttons so that they are not accidentally torn away in the process.
Our items are made of strong, structurally sound wood. Since we live in a tropical, humid climate, it is necessary to make sure it stays that way by following the tips below.
- Dust your items as frequently as possible. Just like upholstered items, dirt and dust can act as an abrasive on wooden surfaces. First, use a feather duster to remove dust and then use a clean, lightly damp cloth to wipe away any remaining particles.
- Avoid leaving the wood wet.
- We recommend that our customers avoid using wax or any other chemical substances on wooden furniture as it can have a negative effect on open grain wood. Also, it may also negatively affect the appearance of glossy finished wood.
- Always use a drink coaster on tables.
- If not using the furniture year-round, try to store it in a dry, indoor location avoiding high levels of heat, sun exposure, and humidity.
Furniture is not just a material item, but an investment in your home. Following these tips will improve the longevity of your furniture and keep your home a comfortable, clean place. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks to make your home as comfortable as possible.
Subscribe to this blog's RSS feed using https://vinotiliving.com/blogs/tips-and-inspiration.atom